How to resolve IP Conflict issue?

• Hello

I use Tikona Broadband service for home based internet usage. Sometimes it shows me IP conflict warning and then the net speed start reducing and sometimes get disconnected. Does the iP conflict results in low speed? what are the steps that I should take in such situation?

• I got the solution myself and it is actually working for me:

Fix duplicate IP address conflicts on a DHCP network

1. Turn off the DHCP client computer in conflict with the network device that has the static IP address.
    2. On the DHCP server, exclude the static IP address from the scope of the DHCP IP address range.
    3. Restart the DHCP client computer.

In order to perform the release/renew commands above, you have to get an IP address from a DHCP server. To do this, click on Control Panel, go to icons view and then click on Network and Sharing Center. On the left hand side, click on Change adapter settings.

• If you're not sure if you're using DHCP or are using a static IP address, either try to locate the computer or device using the IP address or manually change your IP address to something else. For example, if the address was 192.168.1.105 changing it to 192.168.1.112

• If you're not sure if you're using DHCP or are using a static IP address, either try to locate the computer or device using the IP address or manually change your IP address to something else. For example, if the address was 192.168.1.105 changing it to 192.168.1.112

I use dynamic IP. No worries though. I have already found the solution and have added in the thread as well. Thanks for your help.

• In order to perform the release/renew commands, you have to get an IP address from a DHCP server. To do this, click on Control Panel, go to icons view and then click on Network and Sharing Center. On the left hand side, click on Change adapter settings. This might help you .https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/ip-address-already-in-use/

• Fix duplicate IP address conflicts on a DHCP network

• Turn off the DHCP client computer in conflict with the network device that has the static IP address.
    • On the DHCP server, exclude the static IP address from the scope of the DHCP IP address range.
    • Restart the DHCP client computer.