Red Mi Camera not working

• Hello Guys,

All of the sudden my camera of Redmi Note 2 had stopped working. When I have a video call, both, front and rear camera work. However, when I try to use the camera app to take snaps, the camera doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

• This issue is faced by almost everyone i guess.. I had the same issue 6 months back. Initially when I tap my phone on the back, the camera starts working. Then, tap wasn't enough and I had to start slapping my phone ^^ The phone then stop responding to slaps as well so I took it to service center. Even if it was in warranty period, they didn't do anything and just said that it is affected by water. (I never took my phone to have shower with me BTW) still they raised this concern. They said, the only option is to replace the camera with the new one which was worth 5000 INR for a 10000 INR phone. I had no choice so I get it replaced and it worked for 6-8 months and the same problem started. I think this is one of the weaknesses of Red Mi phone.

• If it is motherboard issue, then you have to take help of service center. One other possibility is cache. Follow these steps:

1) Go to setting:-

Find the setting icon on your mobile and click on it to go to setting of your mobile or pull the home screen towards down then you will get a gear icon on the top right corner, click on it to go to setting directly.

2) Go to Installed Apps:-

After going to setting of your mobile, Scroll down the setting screen and you will get the installed Apps option and click on it to go to installed Apps.

3) Choose All installed Apps:-

After going to installed Apps of your mobile, you will see there are many options like ‘All’ ‘Downloaded’ ‘Running’ ‘Cached’ on the top. You just click on All to choose All installed Apps.

4) Go to In-built Camera Apps:-

After choosing all installed apps, you need to find the inbuilt camera application named as ‘camera’ by scrolling down the screen. Then click on it to go In-Built Camera Apps.

5) Clear The Cache Data:-

After going to inbuilt Camera Apps, you will see there is an option to click to clear the cache data and data also. You just click on that option to clear the cache data and data.

6) Restart your phone once.

This should resolve the issue. If not let me know.

• Hello Guys,

All of the sudden my camera of Redmi Note 2 had stopped working. When I have a video call, both, front and rear camera work. However, when I try to use the camera app to take snaps, the camera doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

if your phone has been excessively heating. If so, then there is a possibility that camera problem

• Thanks for this solution. It really helped. Kudos!!!